CLASI’s mission is to combat injustice through creative and persistent civil legal advocacy on behalf of vulnerable and underserved Delawareans.
- CLASI provides free legal services to:
- People with disabilities, as Delaware’s Protection and Advocacy System
- Older citizens (60 and over)
- Victims of housing discrimination, under HUD’s Fair Housing Initiative Program
- People living in poverty
- Survivors of domestic violence
- Immigrant victims of crime, abuse and neglect
- CLASI is committed to racial and ethnic fairness in the delivery of our services.
- CLASI has offices in Wilmington, Dover and Georgetown.
In Need of Legal Help?
Visit delegalhelplink.org to find out if you may be eligible for services from one of the legal aid organizations in Delaware or if there may be another organization that can help.
Medical Legal Partnership Video
Help Investigate Housing Discrimination! Become a Fair Housing Tester
CLASI conducts testing for compliance with Fair Housing laws in New Castle, Kent and Sussex counties. Trained testers pose as home seekers and visit housing providers to collect information to assist with regional monitoring and investigations. Visit our Employment Opportunities page for more information.
Combined Campaign for Justice
Every year, the Delaware State Bar Association, CLASI, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services (DVLS) and the Legal Services Corporation of Delaware (LSCD) join together in the Combined Campaign for Justice to raise funds to support free legal assistance to Delawareans living at or below poverty level. Donations are put to immediate use. Thank you for your support! Go to the Combined Campaign for Justice website to find out more about the Campaign and how to give by clicking here.
In 2018 CLASI adopted a strategic plan to guide its advocacy and development. The plan speaks to our values and commitment to making CLASI the best organization possible—from the perspective of our clients, employees, and the community at large.