LOCATION: Kent County Office
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience. Excellent Employee Benefits.
POSTING/DEADLINE: Apply by 8/4/2017
TO APPLY CONTACT: email resume and cover letter to Donna Darling, Office Manager Kent County office, email@example.com
CONTEXT OF POSITION:
The Clerk Typist portion of this position entails typing for attorneys, paralegals and administrative staff which are assigned by the Office Manager as well as performing other clerical functions related to the legal work. The Receptionist portion entails being the primary person responsible for fielding calls from the public. The errands shall be delegated by the Office Manager. The Clerk Typist / Receptionist / Errand Person will be supervised by the Office Manager. The interpreting/translating will be to support advocates working with Spanish speaking clients.
- Receptionist handling phones;
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, faxing, copying, scanning, errands, etc. as assigned by the Office Manager;
- Support advocates in any office with their communication needs in serving Spanish speaking clients;
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the office manager.
- Computer proficiency and clerical experience preferred;
- Spanish fluency required;
- General knowledge of office machines and equipment preferred;
- Reliability, punctuality and good work habits required;
- Ability to work closely and cooperate with other members of the clerical team required.
- Responsibilities of Clerk Typist / Receptionist / Errand Person:
A) Clerk Typist’s duties assigned by the Office Manager::
- Type letters, documents, forms, etc.;
- Open and/or close files;
- Prepare Monthly Time Reports and Time and Attendance Sheets;
- Faxing, Copying and/or Scan documents;
- Filing / organize files; and
- Translator for meetings between staff and clients and translate documents in any office, in person or via videoconference/phone.
- B) Receptionist’s duties:
- Answer incoming calls;
- Retrieve messages from voice mail and return the calls;
- Greet walk-ins;
- Obtain information from clients and enter the appropriate information in the case management system (“Legal Server”) and email them to the appropriate staff;
- Check fax folder for incoming faxes and forward them to the appropriate staff;
- Date stamp and sort incoming mail and give it to the appropriate secretary and/or distribute them to staff; and
- Copy clients’ documents and give them to the appropriate staff. However, if there is a lot of copying, let the appropriate secretary know and she will do the copying.
- C) Errand Person’s duties:
- File court documents;
- Deliver errands;
- Pick up incoming mail, date stamp and distribute the mail to the appropriate staff; and
- Stamp outgoing mail and take it to a mailbox and/or post office.
- D) Miscellaneous:
- Any other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the Office Manager, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER